SAP Business One Course : Financials(3/5)
Improve margins, reduce errors, and make informed decisions with a complete suite of tools for streamlined financial operations – from accounting, fixed asset management, banking and reconciliation, to financial reporting and analysis.
This topic introduces you to some general accounting conventions and gives examples of the automatic journal entries created during the sales, purchasing, and inventory processes. You will learn about financial settings that affect the automatic journal entries
You will learn how to set-up features that constitute the basis of the company financial system. See how SAP Business One manages the company accounts, multi-branches and currencies
You will learn about accounting processes in a typical company: posting journal entries, period management, and the internal reconciliation process. These processes guarantee accurate financial reports and forecasts.
The banking topics deal with the payment process including: Incoming Payments, Outgoing Payments, Deposits and the Payment Wizard. They also present the options for externally reconciling the bank G/L account.
you will explore the effect of standard processes in SAP Business One on financial reports and on monetary reports. You will learn how to exploit each report and how to interpret typical report data.
The fixed assets topics detail the process of managing fixed asset items. You will learn some working methods and key terms in the Fixed Assets solution
- Discuss some general accounting conventions
- Give examples of the automatic journal entries created during the sales, purchasing and inventory processes.
- Review the financial settings that affect the processes of automatic journal entries.
- According to accounting conventions discuss:
- The Chart of Accounts structure
- The effect of the standard processes on the Chart of Accounts
- Set up a Chart of Accounts adapted to the company type
- Manage the Chart of Accounts
- Implement the G/L Account Determination – Traditional Solution
- Implement the G/L Account Determination – Advanced Solution in a new company
- Explain how to convert an existing company to start using the advanced solution
- Enter a manual journal entry
- Set up and use a Posting Templates
- Set up a Recurring Posting
- Use the journal voucher to add journal entries
- State how to define and manage posting periods
- Utilize the process of internal reconciliation in G/L accounts and business partners
- Review system reconciliations
- Perform internal reconciliation (manual type)
- List the steps of the payment process and perform them in SAP Business One
- Explain the consequences of each step on the involved G/L accounts
- Adjust the appropriate payment scenario to the customer needs and localization
- Run the Payment Wizard to create payments in a batch
- Explain different scenarios when running the Payment Wizard
- Explain the options for the external reconciliation of a G/L bank account.
- Discuss the effect of standard processes in SAP Business One on Financial Reports:
- Balance Sheet
- Trial Balance
- Profit and Loss
- Describe when to use each report
- Interpret typical report data
- Generate the Cash Flow reports and interpret typical report data
- Discuss the effect of standard processes in SAP Business One on the Cash Flow
- Generate the Aging report for both customers and vendors and interpret typical report data
- Explain the process of managing fixed asset items
- Recognize key terms in the Fixed Assets solution
- Explain the process of managing virtual fixed assets
- Describe how to manage cost accounting
- Describe how to use multi dimensions when working with cost accounting
- Reallocate costs between cost centers
- Good knowledge in financial accounting concept
- Understand the basic accounting term
- Familiarity with SAP Business One navigation and functionality
- Basic knowledge on ERP and Familiar with installing and configuring software on a Windows platform
SAP Business One version 10.0